The Prairie Conservation Awards
The Prairie Conservation Award is granted to a deserving recipient from each of the three Prairie Provinces once every three years, in recognition of significant long-term contributions to native habitat or species at risk conservation. Awards will be presented at the 12th Prairie Conservation and Endangered Species Conference in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Individuals from any walk of life, organizations or Indigenous groups can be nominated for this award.
Five criteria have been used in the evaluation of nominations for the Prairie Conservation Award:
1) Relationship of achievements to the conservation or understanding of native habitat or endangered species within the Prairies Ecozone.
2) Demonstration of exceptional commitment or innovation (above and beyond normal livelihood expectations).
3) Demonstration of enduring commitment.
4) Significance of the accomplishment in terms of results.
5) Extent to which granting of an award to this nominee will help native habitat conservation and endangered species efforts within the Prairies Ecozone.
Nominations should include a resume or curriculum vitae accompanied by a letter outlining the significant contributions to native habitat or endangered species conservation of the nominated individual. Nominations are received and evaluated within in each province and submitted to the Awards Committee of the Conference Organizing Committee.
All nominations must be received by November 30, 2018
Nominations should be sent to the following individuals in their respective provinces: