Opening Reception and Prairie Art Show
An art show is being planned for the opening reception of the conference on February 19, 2019, 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. We welcome all art submisions with a prairie theme. The art show submission guidelines are given below. For a pdf copy of this announcement, please click here,
Prairie Art Show submission guidelines
Please send digital image(s) of pieces (or a written concept along with images of previous work) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: Art Show Entry
In the body of the email, include:
- Title of piece(s)
- Artist name
- For sale OR not for sale
- Retail value (required whether for sale or not)
The deadline for submisions is October 31, 2018
- All work must be original.
- Media: All two-dimensional and multi-dimensional media will be considered, including painting, drawing, collage, sculpture, video, and installation art. Art works that are unusually large or require extensive installation may not be accepted but will be considered.
- If more pieces are received than can be accommodated, a jury will select which pieces for the show.
- The artist will handle sales directly. Contact information can be made available to interested buyers through the organizer.
- Art can be dropped off on February 19, 2018, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Art must be picked up on February 19 between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. Extended display and pick up times may become available.
- Contact email@example.com to arrange drop off or pick up outside these times.
- All art must be wrapped (bubble wrap is recommended).
- Artists are requested to bring display easels where possible and applicable.
- Artists are encouraged to attend the reception on February 19, 2019, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- PCESC will provide an Artist Agreement that is to be signed by the artist and submitted with the work.